Thank God for Donald Trump!
Advertisement article continues below
The MAGA toy store is back! President Trump sends Hillary to jail - check out this limited edition toy today! Or maybe you want to build the wall! Be sure to check out the biggest and best conservative store on the Internet!
In The Donald’s ascendancy we are being graced with so much more clarity than we could ever have expected where our pride, unrepentance, and desperate condition as a people are concerned. God is indeed doing something “absolutely amazing” through Trump.
So as we wade through the wails and gnashing of teeth radiating from the Cruz camp, let’s take a moment to focus on what really matters here. Let’s stop pretending and playing along with the contrived, controlled political puppet show parading around us and let’s zero in on the brutal, ugly truths that God is even now making plain about America (and America’s version of Christianity) through His perfect, purposeful use of one Donald J. Trump.
It’s in that spirit that I respectfully offer for your consideration the following list of Seven Things God Is Using Trump To Teach America:
- America (as influenced by modern American evangelicalism) is defined by proud rejection of Christ as King in practice. It’s the “in practice” part that’s key here. American evangelicals and Donald Trump both like to “talk the talk” and make various claims about Christ, some more detailed and coherent than others, but, at the end of the day, both bristle at the notion of Christ’s Nature as revealed in His Word being the unbreakable law to which they must submit in practice right here and now in every area of life in God’s creation.
Trump hates that idea.
And so do to most American evangelicals (as led by their pastors, of course).
- American culture (as led by the American Christian subculture) has been so deeply immersed in American Statism for so very long that it no longer even recognizes American Statism as the competing religious system that it is. After generations of American church and pastor enabling of State-managed children’s “education” built upon the explicitly anti-Christ foundation first pitched by the serpent in Eden (as recorded in Genesis 3), the vast majority of professing Christians in America have become complete suckers for the rank Statism pitched by the likes of Trump (and, to be fair and accurate, all other former GOP nominee wannabes).
- The American culture (as led by the American Christian subculture) is more dependent than a crack whore on the overtly Marxist “free money” heroin routinely dispensed through Social Security, public school systems, and all manner of other “help” offered by the American State in direct violation of…you guessed it…the crystal clear and unbreakable Word of God.
How many “conservative Christians” in America would defend rather than eliminate the overtly satanic/Marxist constructs of public schools, Social Security, Medicare, etc.? The complete dependence of American Christians on the almighty State for everything from babysitting and children’s “education” to health care and retirement makes them both glaring examples of faithlessness (in their abandonment of God as their law-giving, promise-keeping provider in practice) and easy marks for Statism-pitching “conservatives” who sprinkle a little Christian lingo around the edges to give their promotion of anti-Christ concepts a thin (but good enough for them) veneer of legitimacy.
- The American culture (as led by its professing Christian subculture) is completely disconnected from economic reality and built upon what God calls “an abomination”. (See: Proverbs 11:1) The fiat economic construct wherein “money” is magically created out of thin air by a few who then use it to purchase and control everyone and everything below them is the system that produced and even now sustains Donald Trump (along with the rest of the 2016 GOP and Democrat President wannabes). Until there is recognition and repentance of this purposefully mass-enslaving, State- and elite-empowering satanic economic construct, things will only get worse…by design.
- The American culture (as led by the American Christian subcultire) has completely bought into a satanic spin on “American Exceptionalism”. American exceptionalism may be popular with Americans (go figure), but it has become a flat-out cultic concept these days in an America loaded with professing Christians who actually believe that people “have the right” to openly worship false gods in the land. Or produce/promote/consume porn. Or get a divorce on demand for any reason (or no reason at all). Or have the State claim ownership of all homes so that property tax can be extracted from one’s neighbor in order to fund the satanic/Marxist public schools that receive freely shipped Christian children for daily immersion in an anti-Christ, All-American “education”.
The sad fact of the matter is that most self-identified conservative Christians in America actually believe that the word of America trumps the Word of God when it comes to law, war, economics and government in practice here in “the real world”, which leads us nicely into our next point…
- Americans openly idolize American icons and revere them above God. Just try explaining to the typical American conservative evangelical that the Word of God is the binding, unbreakable law of this land and every other anywhere in God’s creation, and they will more often than not begin to do things like equate that sort of belief with ISIS or the Taliban. American contempt for the Word of God (which is the very Nature of Christ revealed to us in detail) ruling in practice and in detail has been profoundly enabled through the open idolatry of the Founding Fathers as the supposed gold standard in law givers and the US Constitution as the gold standard in law.
As long as these idolatrous views are embraced by professing Christians in America, they will continue to be easy marks for the man-centered, Christ-dismissing “Make America Great Again” pitches of Trump (and all of the other Statists who he beat out for the GOP nomination).
- America has been commanded to repent (like everyone else) and has even been given a little more time to do so (not like everyone else). God has shown us all of these things and so much more through the ascendancy of Donald Trump. He has given us clarity well beyond anything we could hope for…and well beyond the clarity that we want.
Now what will we do with it?
Will we repent and submit to Christ as King in practice?
Or will we cling to our pride and rebellion, begging even more for that King to grind us under His heel?
Psalm 2 seems like a good place to close these thoughts:
Why do the nations rage
and the peoples plot in vain?
The kings of the earth set themselves,
and the rulers take counsel together,
against the LORD and against his Anointed, saying,
“Let us burst their bonds apart
and cast away their cords from us.”
He who sits in the heavens laughs;
the Lord holds them in derision.
Then he will speak to them in his wrath,
and terrify them in his fury, saying,
“As for me, I have set my King
on Zion, my holy hill.”
I will tell of the decree:
The LORD said to me, “You are my Son;
today I have begotten you.
Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage,
and the ends of the earth your possession.
You shall break them with a rod of iron
and dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel.”
Now therefore, O kings, be wise;
be warned, O rulers of the earth.
Serve the LORD with fear,
and rejoice with trembling.
Kiss the Son,
lest he be angry, and you perish in the way,
for his wrath is quickly kindled.
Blessed are all who take refuge in him.
~ Psalm 2
While there is yet time.
Repent, believe, and submit to Christ as King…in practice.
Viewpoints expressed herein are of the article’s author(s), or of the person(s) or organization(s) quoted or linked therein, and do not necessarily represent those of The Olive Branch Report
Subscribe to my daily newsletter, and join hundreds of daily readers and receive news and relevant commentary
If you value what you see on The Olive, please consider donating, any amount helps. We derive NO revenue from this site, and upkeep is expensive.
I’m a husband, father, speaker, author, blogger and member of Christ the King Church in Middle Tennessee. Through my writing here at Fire Breathing Christian, I hope to equip and encourage Christians to better understand, proclaim, and apply the lordship of Christ in every realm of His creation.